Ball Screw Assembly Technician
Ball Screw Technician
The Ball Screw Technician will put together precision metal components in building/repairing industrial ball screws, lead screws and Acme screws per prints and following engineering processes and procedures. Ideal candidates have a background in small engine repair or basic machine shop.
Job responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Read blueprints and job cards.
- Work in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Use of hand tools, power tools, and various shop equipment
- Deburring and grinding of tools
- Cut tubing, deburr and bend per prints.
- Personal tools required.
- Perform miscellaneous other duties in department and company as assigned.
- Demonstrate aptitude, attitude, and willingness to learn, and take on responsibilities for personal growth.
Qualifications/Experience/Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using measuring instruments: micrometers, calipers, indicators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for very detailed work and close tolerances.
- Experience using hand tools: Die grinders and precision tools.
- Experience operating machines: Surface grinder, rotary grinder, lathe, Bridgeport mill, tube bender/puller, and bandsaw.
- Mechanical aptitude a must.
Why work at Barnes Industries?
Barnes was founded in 1969 and has become an industry leader in ball screws- manufacturing, reconditioning, repair, and emergency services. Competitive wages, and amazing benefits that include:
- Generous PTO after 1 year of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision is included
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Reimbursement for safety shoes
Safety is a top priority at Barnes Industries. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, vapors, or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Employees must follow company quality, safety, and personal protection equipment requirements (gloves, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, qualified candidates will be contacted by phone or email.
Barnes Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COVID-19 information: The health and safety of our employees is a priority. As an essential employer that requires our staff to work on-site, Barnes Industries has established safety protocols following MIOSHA and CDC guidelines.
Call 248.541.2333 Today visit our faq page for more information