CNC & Manual Mill Operator
CNC/MANUAL MILL MACHINIST
The CNC/Manual Mill Machinist will run a variety of machines, will help to enhance productivity, will perform quality checks and monitor machine output, will perform daily PM checks on the machine.
Job responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Perform proper set-up and operate CNC and/or manual mills.
- Remove workpieces from machines, and check to ensure that they conform to print specifications, using measuring instruments such as gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- As machining expertise and proficiency increases employee will be expected to run multiple machines simultaneously.
- Demonstrate aptitude, a good attitude, a willingness to learn and take on responsibilities for personal growth.
- Personal tools required (micrometers, calipers, indicators, height gauge).
Qualifications/Experience/Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with Mill Power or Prototrak, Conversational Programming and basic machining.
- Manual machine experience is preferred, we will train qualified candidates
- Knowledge of G-codes is a plus
- Ability to read blueprints, use precision inspection equipment including micrometers, calipers and indicators.
- Understanding of GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) features.
- Ability to perform close tolerance inspection of parts and perform set-ups.
- Must continually produce quality parts with a very minimal amount of scrap material.
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds.
Why work at Barnes Industries?
Barnes was founded in 1969 and has become an industry leader in ball screws- manufacturing, reconditioning, repair, and emergency services. Competitive wages, and amazing benefits that include:
- Generous PTO after 1 year of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision is included
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Reimbursement for safety shoes
Safety is a top priority at Barnes Industries. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, vapors, or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Employees must follow company quality, safety, and personal protection equipment requirements (gloves, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.)
Email resume to: email@example.com No phone calls, qualified candidates will be contacted by phone or email.
Barnes Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COVID-19 information: The health and safety of our employees is a priority. As an essential employer that requires our staff to work on-site, Barnes Industries has established safety protocols following MIOSHA and CDC guidelines.
Call 248.541.2333 Today visit our faq page for more information