The OD Grinder will polish and/or grind metal shafts and diameters using prescribed equipment, grinding wheels and hand tools. This is a full-time non-exempt first shift position.
Job responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Select machine capable of running part as detailed in engineering print, Work Order tag or set-up sheet: set-up machine and use recommended tools.
- Ensure quality/accuracy of parts based on ongoing inspection and dimensional verification checks.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure job and machining sequence is aligned with production schedule.
- General machine maintenance.
Qualifications/Experience/Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have manual machine experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience running Norton or Cincinnati OD grinding machines.
- Material range: 10”-170” OAL, ½”-6” Dia. Run Sunnen Honing machine.
- Must be able to read and use: .0001 micrometers, indicators, calipers and optical comparator.
- Proficient in blueprint reading understanding Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) features.
- Must continually produce quality parts with a very minimal amount of scrap material.
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug test.
Why work at Barnes Industries?
Barnes was founded in 1969 and has become an industry leader in ball screws- manufacturing, reconditioning, repair, and emergency services. Competitive wages, and amazing benefits that include:
- Generous PTO after 1 year of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision is included
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Reimbursement for safety shoes
Safety is a top priority at Barnes Industries. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, vapors, or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Employees must follow company quality, safety, and personal protection equipment requirements (gloves, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.)
Email resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, qualified candidates will be contacted by phone or email.
Barnes Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COVID-19 information: The health and safety of our employees is a priority. As an essential employer that requires our staff to work on-site, Barnes Industries has established safety protocols following MIOSHA and CDC guidelines.
Call 248.541.2333 Today visit our faq page for more information